Re: Fripp and Eno and Edison and Karlheinz

Unlikely, as the bearing on which the drum turned
was also the threaded bolt which created the helix.

Toby G wrote:
> I wonder if the first record player, tin can recording device or
> whatever, carved one groove at the same radius the first time it was
> tested.  Like, they didn't think to make it a spiral?

I also heard of a Stockhausen device which was a glass
disc with the waveform printed on it. It would have been
rotated at variable speed, and the waveform read optically
like the soundtrack of an old style movie film.
...but I don't have the reference to check...the Norwich library
burned down a few years back.

andy