Re: 7200 HD for live recording

I was just gonna say, that I have used many different brands of external HD... the ONLY ones that have NEVER failed are those orange LaCie drives with the rubber edges.

When I first started using them (maybe 6 years ago) the guy said "Its what the cameramen take to Iraq)

Thats good enough for me...

If they are fast enought to render film on, they are surley fast enough for Audio, dont cha think

Mark

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Antony Hequet <antonyhequet@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What external drive would you recommend?

Sorry, I don't know anything about different brands or even being
interested in technical sufficiency. Even within a brand the drives
seem to differ regarding different size. But things might have changed
in the last years. I've been using he same LaCie drives for almost a
decade. My guess is that most external firewire drives you can buy
today is good for the job... just beware of the models that are
marketed by slogans as "less expensive" or "extremely compact".

Per

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com