Re: AdrenaLinn for PC

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> still looking for a plugin that could replace the Korg SlicerĀ ...
>Glitch can
> do some of what Slicer does but it doesn't do the "harmonic slicing" with
> the harmonizing (lower octave for example) that the Slicer does. Slices
>with
> a lower octave create grooves, I love that effect.

Since you talk about Glitch I'm guessing you are running stuff under
Windows? I don't understand if you intend to slice up the live audio
input stream or the looper output stream? But in case you think about
slicing up looper output I'd just like to mention that if using Mobius
one can have a lot of fun with scripts that combine SUSsubstitute,
speed, overdub etc according to a rhythmic pattern grid you define by
number of sub cycles placed between the command lines in the script.

If talking live audio input slicing I can only recommend any tremolo
plug-in. You may assign an expression pedal to play the musical speed
of the tremolo and that can be quite cool for poly rhythm texture
building in a looper. SoundToys have an excellent plug-in for this
purpose called Tremolator. But to me the Mainstage built-in Tremolo
plug-in is just as good. The difference is that Tremolator can be set
up not only to slice a passing stream according to note values but
also according to patterns or "riffs". SoundToys are now available for
both Windows, Mac and in Protools (RTAS).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com