@Bill, empty loop, or looperlative trick

I could understand if you first made a sneaking silent loop then biiped a couple of quant replaces in, but how do you ensure its on the beat you want if the loop is silent, or... donīt you? is it random? Or what...? spill the beans my friend...

 If i told you Mark, I'd have to kill you, you know that :-) Yes it was a sneaky blank loop I created just prior to starting to play. Once the the loop evolves in to a more tangible rhythm I start creating complimentary parts around it and it doesn't really matter as long as I'm using sync record to establish the first loop length, and setting at least another loop  track to the same length by choosing a new  track and arming it by hitting play stop first.
Bill