Re: Pedal, Table or Rack

Hi Matthias,

What's better for me is I don't have to carry a rack unit to a gig and find space for it, etc. I'm totally done with that. I did it for years and it was a big hassle for me personally. With pedals I can have them all on a board and fit all into a zippered SKB case with handles and shoulder strap along with other items like cables and so forth.
Why would I need a hand controller for a pedal? Any rack unit will require a pedal- a midi foot controller or whatever. Yet another power cord, another thing to malfunction, etc. Also I've never seen anyone with rack units and no other pedals (unless super expensive Bob Bradshaw type setups) and they will invariably have to bend over to adjust those other pedals.
I totally get your point on that- I've watched video footage of some of my gigs and there are times where the bending over is distracting- but not terribly more so than if I was walking over to a rack and twisting knobs/pushing buttons.

My personal goal this past year or so has been to simplify and avoiding rack gear is a key requirement.

I truly love my EDP but I will always have pedals, of that I am sure- so I prefer to commit to that format in my quest to keep things as simple as possible.

Always a compromise- but more and more can be done with pedals now than ever before. The Time Factor has overdub and replace with latch or punch for each. I can adjust the pitch like tape or chromatic or in 7ths or 5ths or octaves. Delay mode has a hold function and so forth. Also it is stereo which I use now and has midi clock i/o. Of course I miss undo, insert, and a million other things about my EDP but I am more content with a simpler feature in pedal format.

Regards,

Clifford