Re: Pedal, Table or Rack

Matti,

Depends on the end-user.

My 2 cents . . . I prefer rack because:

• I can always control it with a pedal of some sort if I need or want
to via MIDI or whatever.

• I can always just grab a knob too at some point on a rack unit (if
it's not on the bottom and near the floor).

• Floor units potentially must take a lot of abuse, scratches, dings,
dents, dust and beer - rack gear gets some protection.

• And, yes, me bending over onstage is not a pretty sight (LOL)

But I can understand those who want to travel lightly and compactly
with just their instrument and a few floor boxes.

I suppose if you are young enough to be attractive while bending over
that can even be part of the show (ha).

I hate "desktop" units because they are neither fish nor fowl and you
have to treat them "differently" than everything else.

They are generally neither rugged like floor boxes, nor convenient to
organize and wire up like rack gear.

Table top units are possibly fine for people who's primary musical
activity happens in a studio and who never leave to "play out."

Just my opinion . . . the only change I ever wished for my EDP was
stereo and it looks like EchoLoop solves that very nicely.

Cheers,

Ted