Re: Pedal, Table or Rack

On Dec 7, 2010, at 6:57 PM, Matthias Grob wrote:

> whats so much better about a pedal?
> bending over does not bother you and the public?
>
> you can connect a pedal to a table model but to a pedal you hardly can
>connect a hand controller, right?

What's so much better? The absence of needing to carry around a rack or
find and position a table on which to put a table top unit. The latter
probably wouldn't matter to me as much if I hadn't taken seriously Kim
Flint's complaints about guitar players sitting down while playing. (Now I
stand and stare at my feet and/or the fretboard.)

What's so much better? One piece of equipment instead of two (control
pedal + effects box).

So, I would be quite happy with a floorpedal EDP that was if not stereo
then at least "stereo-compatible" -- i.e., it could pass a stereo signal
through while only providing a mono loop.

I've wondered on occasion whether my EDPs could be viably repackaged with
their foot controllers or an equivalent controller.

Mark