Re: EME moonbounce?

I always wondered if one could send a signal through a tremendously long
wire, long enough that it would take the sound an appreciable length of
time to arrive, thus creating a delay with relatively little loss of
fidelity (though I'm sure there'd be a loss of gain, which would need to
be made up, thus adding some noise to the end signal). Possible? Should
I look around for a five-mile spool of speaker wire and try it out?

I assume that the speed of the signal through the wire would not be
limited to the speed of sound in open air, hence it would need to be
quite a long length...

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com