Re: The EDP and the Looperlative and me

  Mark, Ted, Gareth , Jim, et all, I really appreciate what you all
have to say but I believe you were missing my point . I see no
conflict here, I see no apples or oranges scenario.  No d#ckhead
dissing of another mans ride.   Its really ok for me if Mark prefers
to use the EDP. I also can relate to not wanting to devote a lot of
time to a new learning curve, which if the truth be told is one of two
primary reasons I have not made the leap to lap top (the other of
course being money), particularly if you are unsure if its the right
tool.  But from what I've gathered from your basic needs, you can
accomplish it all on an LP-1 and get the stereo you enjoy. You will
need a dedicated midi foot controller but you might find you will
appreciate having that to control your EDPs if you choose to let  go
of your  LP-1. I'm advocating the same thing I always advocate, dig as
deeply as you can in to your tools and see what they have to offer.
I'm doing that very thing right now with my DAW, which for the longest
time, and because of piece meal education and basic ludite lazziness,
has kept me moving past my basic understanding of the tools. I'm the
first guy to admit I'd rather play than program.
  Bill