Re: MPC 1000 & 2 EDP+ loosing sync

John Metzler wrote:
> Hi Andy.  Thanks for chiming in.  In case you didn't see any of my other
>emails, here is a description that very carefully explains just about
>everything you might need to know regarding the issuers I'm having.

didn't you say that by "losing sync" you meant that one edp was
playing from a different Cycle?

That would change everything, I'll assume it's the case.
If the EDPs are actually losing midi sync then I'd be confident they're
not getting a good clock.

As to the Phantom record, that could also be caused by a LoopTrig command.
Possibly a malfunction of the EFC7 or the lead connecting it.

The midi thru of the fcb1010 is known to be buggy, you did right to take
that out of the circuit.

Doing Re-Align after a Looptrig  is daft, just set SamplerStyle=STA
and then the Looptrig will accurately restart the loop at it's beginning.
Provided that the Looptrig is positioned accurately in the sequence.

For complex sequencing the way to go is to turn off the EDP sync
altogether and
send Re-trigger and/or Looptrig commands regularly to create the sync.
...it can't really go wrong then. That's the way to go if all else fails.

Using Brother-sync on the Second EDP is ok, but then you can only sync EDP
2
when EDP 1 is running.

Sync=In is really solid on the EDP so another way to go is to use that
only.
(take out the BrotherSync  cable)

You *could* start all the Records with LoopTrig commands. AutoRec=On

andy butler