Re: LP2 at namm

I'm also interested in the LP2's MIDI capabilities.  I'm interested in all
the Loopers and delay's that have good solid MIDI implantation.
Especially in the sync department.  I mean, with out it there is no good
way to keep things aligned.  It's totally necessary unless your are only
interested in using the one looper and doing simple layering, and no other
accompaniment such as drums machines, or programmed keyboards.  Especially
if you want to use interesting live loops along with a live drummer and a
band, you really need to have some sort of click or flashing light for
everyone to follow.  I know, you can create a loop and have the band
adhere to that loop very closely, but I find that it just doesn't leave
you with enough safety and security to do anything interesting.

(As you know Luis) I'm currently fighting with a pair of EDPs and an MPC
1000, trying to get them all to stick to the clock from the MPC.  They
drift and my performance sounds drunk at best, and a train wreck at the
worst.  I also have an AdreanaLinn (the A2, not the newer A3).  I find the
2 measure drum loops to stay in sync quite well.  It even stays in line
when switching presets by sending it Program changes throughout a
sequence.  Even if that program change is sent in a strange place within
the 2 measures.  Unfortunately I don't really like the guitar modeling
sounds very much, and the input of the unit clips and distorts pretty
easly. I like the interesting electro-clash industrial electronic sounding
drum sounds.  I love the synced effects, why more units haven't employ
this feature is beyond me.  One thing to take note of with the AdreanaLinn
is that if you are playing guitar through it and send program changed to
it to change to a different preset or drumbeat, you will hear it drop out
or click.

John M.