Re: LP2 at namm Louie's start/stop

On 1/20/11 7:54 PM, "andy butler" <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Is it not possible that a drum machine can be set to
> not start until it starts receiving midi-clock?

Depends on the drum machine, I'd think.  My old Studio 440 could do that;
we
used to use it that way in the studio all the time.  We'd set the 440 to
play -- which would cause it to stand by -- then fly in either Clock or
MTC/SMPTE.  Once it received some sort of sync code it'd start right up.
We'd then juggle through the patterns manually.

Of course, Dave Smith was way ahead of his time.  I don't see why there
shouldn't be other drum machines out there that could do the same thing,
though.

        --m.