Re: Introductin & naive questions

Ed Durbrow schrieb:
> I have to ask if this is possible:
>  I get that you have to define the loop boundary with a second click,
> but what I want to do is immediately start recording an overdub at
> that point. I would think that would be a one click operation.
>  The other thing is, it seems there should be a very easy way to stop
> one loop and start another with one click. I haven't found a way to do
> either of these things with the RC-2. Advancing to the next memory
> position gets me half way there.
>
> [using Möbius/FCB1010]: Would it be easy to do those things?
The short answer is: it depends how you define "easy".

The first thing (immediately going from record to overdub) - yes, that's
very easy.
Möbius (like the EDP) offers independent "Record" and "Overdub" commands
- so, you start recording with "record", and at the end of your loop hit
either "record" (to end the loop and go to playback) or "overdub" (to
end the loop and go directly to overdub).

The second one: there's a setting which is named something like
"AutoRecord when NextLoop" which, when activated, does exactly this.
(@Jeff: I think details have changed w/ version 1.43, so you might want
to chime in here).

Ah, Ed, btw: the developer of Möbius, Jeff Larson, is also active on
this list.

Other things to consider:
    a) there are alternatives to the FCB1010.
    b) you did think about proper audio/MIDI interface for the computer?
(just asking, because from your message alone, it's hard to judge how
experienced you are w/ computer live audio).

Yours,

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de