64 bit software loopers?

Hi guys,

I just noticed Bidule is releasing a 64 bit version now and downloaded
it. Next discovery wasn't equally fun; not many of my plug-ins yet
exist by 64 bit code - but enough of them to go minimal. Nice to see
that Augustus Loop can be used for a Bidule based 64 bit looping
environment. For reverb there is the free Matrix Reverb by Apple and
BTW all free Apple plug-ins are 64 bit. And the PSP Pianoverb too. So
I'm pretty well set in that department.

An important point for me in using Bidule as the host is to be able to
use computer key quick commands for the Mobius looper (blocked out in
Mainstage). Anyone know if Mobius is scheduled to go 64 bit soon?
Until then I think I will experiment with 64 bit Mainstage as the host
for Augustus Loop, not a bad combo that either.

Two points in experimenting with 64 bit code for live looping is to
see how much shorter latency you really get down to and also to get
more bang for your CPU cycles. Yes, I know 64 bit Mainstage can also
run old 32 bit plugins, but if you do that you're not in for the CPU
boost. A third point in going 64 bit is that you can use more than 4
GB RAM on the box, but for live looping that isn't as crucial as for
some other music production applications (like using virtual symphonic
orchestra setups with extremely huge sampler libraries).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com