Re: 64 bit software loopers?

On Feb 9, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Per Boysen wrote:
> Anyone know if Mobius is scheduled to go 64 bit soon?

Let me check...[Hey guys! Anyone back there know if Mobius is scheduled
to go 64 bit?  You in the back with the Red Bull and the ironic t-shirt...
Have you heard?  No?   Okay thanks.]

The consensus seems to be no, Mobius isn't scheduled for 64 bit any time
soon.
Primarily this is because the lab doesn't have any 64 bit machines.
If anyone has some to donate, the schedule could change :)

I'm skeptical that you're going to see a dramatic speed inprovement
that will reduce latency.  I haven't been following this closely, what
is it about 64 bit that is supposed to make it faster?  Assuming
you're using 64 bit float arithmetic you're juggling twice as much
data, and that's supposed to be faster?

I'm really surprised that Bidule won't let you load 32-bit plugins.

Jeff