Re: What is the absolutely smallest drum-machine EVER!

CC'ed to Xavier.

mark francombe wrote:
> Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> SyncedDelay”. Its
>> functionalitly is identical: insert a delay at any place in the MIDI
>> stream. Only important difference is that the SyncedDelay length is
>> expressed in terms of a MIDI Clock: you can define a delay ranging
>> from 1 to 127 “16th notes”, a 16th note being 6 MIDI clocks. T
>

> ...means that it DELAYS your foots switching...

It counts midi Ticks

> Or QUANTISEs your foot
> switching to the Next midi clock,

I expect it Quantises to the next midi *Tick* before
it can start counting
...or it just waits till it's seen enough ticks to match the count.

The difference is too small timewise to be sure.

You don't want to Quantise to ticks, that'll not be any
noticeable difference to UnQuantised.

>and THEN delays by a midi clock
> division, before sending your command? The first is interesting, but
> the second is what I want.

The EDP keeps track of where you are in the beat.
The Gordius can't know when to Quantise.

What we'd need to do that is a new Gordius command.
The EDP sends out specific midi notes for beat, cycle and
loop.
If we could somehow talk Xavier into putting in a
"WaitForNote" command your wish would come true.

When it encountered a WaitForNote command the LG would
have to simply wait until that note appeared at it's
Midi Input, and then continue with it's stream of commands.

I can imagine that *would* have uses beyond the EDP.

The LG will can already launch it's commands when it receives
a midi ProgCh or CC.

andy