Re: Why does mainstream seem more like , downstream these days?

dear matt,

very well written text. thanks.

as an electroacoustic music and contemporary music composer for many
years,
i can say that the avantgard is losing its charm for sure. i just can not
listen to any music that is trying to push the boundaries. nearly all of
those records sound pretentious. it seems like everybody is trying to play
the same exact licks.

i have been to france lately and eveyone is talking about the huge cuts in
cultural organizations. the whole europe and usa is going through similar
tunnel. it seems to me that the future of avantgard - experimental -
contemporary musics not lie in the same old commission - grant scheme but
something more based on the general audience and fan base.

we are going through a major change politically and culturally. hope this
will be for the better.

best.

www.erdemhelvacioglu.com

New duo album with Per Boysen out now.