Video Echoplex Patch - How Does Memory Works ?

Hi Guys !
i'm working with a developper on a "video-echoplex" !!!
we're working on pure data http://puredata.info/
the idea is to have a webcam as source and to aply all the echoplex transformations to this signal.
we're working with the midi out of the echoplex midi out, that sends midi notes on 8th and Cycle and note-on note off on functions (rec-dub etc...) and CC for feedback.
the software threat those info and keep the video loop in sync with the (audio)echoplex.
for now, we just have the rec and replace function, but it works and stay in sync !!!
now we're working on the second step: overdub, feedback, undo ...

what we need is info of how the memory works in the echoplex.

there are some info in the user's guide in the overdub-feedback-undo-multiply sections, but i'm sure you guys have been talking about that a lot of times !!!
it seems that the echoplex write memory "for the future"
after a rec or a multiply , it seems to me that the echoplex is writing another cycle in the memory after the rec-end or mult-end.
i'd be happy if someone could bring some more information about that.
sorry for my english, i's difficult for me to talk about technical-abstract stuff with this language :)
thanks in advance
boost