(OT) More on Radiohead

This very point came up in another list I'm on. (That Radiohead is
"Not that experimental".)

You're right - they're not *that* experimental. I do get a sense from
the techniques that they use that they could do stuff as "out there"
as anything we do. Let's face it - making weird sounds is not very
hard. They just choose to apply it to make radiohead music, and that's
fine with me. Their best songs (not all their songs) have a level of
craft in the production values that really impresses me. Most of the
experimental music I know of doesn't pay as much attention to dynamic
flow or songcraft.

They're about as experimental as Pink Floyd circa '75 to '79. And I
really like Pink Floyd.

I didn't like them at first either. For years I got hung up on how
much Thom Yorke sounds like a cat left out in the rain. He should do a
duo album with Beth Gibbons of Portishead. :)

So, not a huge rumpus. I just like it when they put new albums out.

Matt