Re: stick stand

I have found it difficult to play on a stand but for very short parts when I am building a piece with many instruments a stand might work. At least I can grab the instrument and strap it on faster that way.

Antony

From: Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thu, February 24, 2011 4:51:50 PM
Subject: Re: stick stand

Nice that you are able to play the Stick on a stand. I'm finding that
extremely difficult. I remember someone at the Stick forum posting
pictures of a stand he had built himself. A stand that holds the
instrument at a convenient playing postion. Oh, and the duo
Heartstrings always use stands for playing. Search them out on
YouTube.

Myself I strap it on very tight at an almost vertical position. I like
the feeling of having the instrument "glued to the body". It may not
be possible to "dance about architecture" but you definitely can dance
about music as "a cheat" to improve playing accuracy  ;-)

Per