Re: recording an album

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Yup, that's exactly what I've been doing.

Me too! But I was using a H4. Both Lo Fi Lazer sessions were recorded that
way:
http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/lo.fi.lazer

When I use a computer based performance rig I use to set up a function
to instantly record the main output, same concept as the H2/H4.

The problem with recording a lot of sound sources already merged into
a stream is that if certain frequencies were out of balance as you
performed it may be difficult to fix that in the recording. But I must
say that a lot of in depth editing of an orchestral stereo file
actually is possible if you are using a software that lets your
automate EQ. Takes a lot of time though.

But actualy I use both methods for producing recorded music, I mean I
also do close mik multi track recording. The backdraw is that you have
to make a lot of mistakes first to acquire enough experience of where
the process may lead you - and then you have to still keep your
creative mind focused on your vision rather on what you are hearing as
you are recording. This method definitely is boring and unsexy but it
pays back in fidelity. Maybe better suited for composed music than for
improvised. The two keys to succeed are to (1) do your homework and
(2) keep the vision alive.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se