RE: midi looping, synths, and kaossilators

howdy mark

changing clock times results in pitch shift of audio recorded...if that is good or bad depends completely on your outlook musically, i would descripe it as a rather sticky mess, but then given the right aplication im sure it could be used as a great effect...as always the tool is what it is...its how you use it.

the transitional period is to my ear chaotic and elastic...but it does seem to keep relative time once it has slowed but obviously at a lower pitch (reverse for bmp increase)

in my aplication its not an issue as i sync it to the relativly static edp clock, if you have heard the repeaters time/pitch slide as you scroll, its not dissimilar...somehow not as pretty though.

the only big one to remember is to erase loop content before restarting at a new speed...ive had some horrible sets where i have done an echoplex  multiply to record funtion which ends up with a differant clock time...this basicsally messes with all recorded kopro material to some random half arsed non-pitch.

again it wouldnt supprise me at all if someone could work this into an awesome mutch longed for feature...especially with the very controlled clocks of something  like the looperlative.

om: markfrancombe@gmail.com