From: "Dennis Moser" <sinsofmachaut@gmail.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Fretless Guitar

I've done two de-frets now.

The best advice I was given from a luthier was 1. For the electric
make sure and cover the pickups (better still, remove them if you can)
BEFORE you start any work on it because you will want to
re-surface/refinish the finger board and if you use fine steel wool,
well, that should be self-explanatory. 2. DO consider "filling" the
slots that remain from the fret removal, unless you're putting a plain
fingerboard back on...it helps keep the neck from warping ever so
slightly.

Otherwise, yeah, it's pretty straightforward...sounds like a really
cool project!

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin