RE: OT: Fretless Guitar

Yes and keep in mind that when you pull the frets the neck will need a
truss rod adjustment, as the frets actually will push the neck back
some, in fact we used to get some straightening of Martins with no truss
rod just with a refret, so you might want to put just a bit of a back
bow in the neck after you pull the frets and if they seem to be glued in
you can use a small soldering iron tip to heat them. If it's an ebony
fretboard you can use ebony dust (just sand some ebony and collect it)
and mix that with the epoxy, which will make it stronger, sand better
and look better too, if rosewood, then the same. Finding a piece of
ebony or rosewood might be a different story.........you can order that
dust too probably from a luthier supply. Oh that's probably a maple
fretboard isn't it, yeah a lot easier and any hardwood would do, light
colored I mean, but not pine. If its maple its gonna look like a bull's
ass sewn up with a grapevine, but you could stain it black.

Andy O