Re: was:tape delay plug ins, now user reviews

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:40 PM,  <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:
> These are exactly the kinds of user reviews that i find suspect,  the
> first one sounds like someone who has little patience and even less skill
> with a computer.

Found no link to the reviews you're talking about? Whenever reading a
review, it is good to first find out whether the writer is really
talking about the product or talking about himself. In case of the
latter, probably without knowing it :-)

As for the earlier discussion about the UAD plugins I said they are
top quality studio tools. Any discussion about latency in this regard
would simply be moot, as (already pointed out by someone else) a DAW
applications compensates for plugin latency so you won't ever notice
it when producing recorded music. However, playing a live audio input
through such plugins will of course give latency because the computer
can not look into the future or read your mind to know in advance what
sound will arrive at the input during the next thirty seven
milliseconds.

A good place for reading reviews is Harmonic Central's user reviews.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com