Re: Ukulele Loop Dreams was looping on npr

First, I was all:

Then Toby G <carpet8@mac.com> was like:
> Ashbury bass has no frets.
>
> toby

...And the fretless bass ukelele would also have no frets, I imagine.

Having briefly owned an Ashbory, I noticed that the strings are more
rubbery than I'm used to. When I tried to do a glissando, I always
wound up pulling a bit of the string with me. It also wound up going
out of tune a lot.

I guess I was checking to see whether the bass uke strings were
significantly different than the Ashbory strings. Also, is the tuning
different? A smaller, more portable bass instrument could be cool. Not
sure if it's $400 cool, but cool nonetheless.

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com