Re: Ukulele Loop Dreams was looping on npr

Dear Rick,

as usual, there's a lot I have to say with regard to your statements,
but merely to add, not to contradict...
> Playing other instruments, especially ones with a radically different
> approach, can really free one of the confines
> of thinking one way when playing, I believe.   With a few years under
> my belt since I started playing brass instruments
For me, this seems equally important when working as a composer. Back in
days of old, when I was well familiar with the piano and the trombone,
and had some basic understanding of woodwind and percussion instruments,
I could well write a part for a classical chamber ensemble - but doing
something for a rock band just didn't work. This changed after I got
myself a bass guitar and later a guitar, and even though I am far from
even basically mastering those instruments, I have gained an
understanding how these instruments work, which enables me to write for
them.
> When I hear a fantastic rendition of Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra,
> I , of course, am really glad that the French Horn
Now this is going completely OT, but, for anyone among you who doesn't
know this piece - check it out! Bartok rules!

;)

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de