Re: Ukulele Loop Dreams was looping on npr

Jack of all master of none?
I once worried about that a lot.  But now, I feel like every instrument we
pursue, no matter how far we chose to take it, only contributes to mastery
as a holistic musician.   For me , it also contributes to my life-long
pursuit of the "beginners mind."
Granted, this might not be true were I not pretty darned disciplined about
a few specific instruments.  But, what ever the case, I'll take that
awkward beginner's experience over a comfortable expert experience any
day.. any stage... any studio.  Bring it on.  Please do put me on the spot
with an instrument I cannot really...  stretch what ever talent I might
have to the very limit and break me over my own need to be the expert.

Playing with Rick and Bill Walker in Worlds Collide was one of the longest
and most fruitful beginners mind disciplines I have ever been exposed to.
Thanks for that guys. You each continue to make a huge and positive
difference in my music and my life!