Re: A looping fork in the road. Which way do I go?

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> I wonder if Macbook Pro owners have had any problems with brown
>electricity.
>    Anyone know?

I've been using a Macbook for four years in many countries and never
had a glitch. I guess I must have come across "brown electricity"
somewhere, so I think this lappy is pretty hard to knock out. When I
have experienced a totally cut off of electricity (as during thunder
storms) it has switched over to battery power without cutting down on
duties. But PA speakers and other external gear shut down so the show
is off anyway ;-))

As for the MBP I've used one for  onlya very short time and can't
tell, but I would be surprised if it wasn't as stable as the earlier
Macbook model.

Regarding hum and noise in the audio output; I remember a thread on
the Ableton Live forum where a lot of people with Windows based
laptops found a solution in not using the house power but rather
running the show on the laptop batteries. People posted in and said
that this completely fixed the noise issue.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com