Re: R: livelooping articles for a guitar magazine

..and Riley's was a live performance technique.

The Brian May "two guitars" tape delay effect is on one of
Queen's early albums, it's just a single repeat iirc.

I've also heard that Gary Moore used some kind of long tape
delay, disabling the erase head on (I'm guessing) a Roland
Space Echo.

..the other proto looper would have to be John Martyn,
keeping chords and rhythm going by playing into a one
bar delay. (first track of "Live at Leeds" album)

Stockhausen certainly had a modified tape deck that
would allow a live tape loop performance (different to Riley's),
..but whether he ever let a guitarist plug in....

andy

andy