Re: Teasing Time

Thanks for the suggestions - these seem be of a more explicit, "introduce some arbitrary tempo" kind... I was rather wondering if anyone had developed any zen-ninja math or mental techniques for inferring subdivisions of the loop length on the fly... there are some smart folks on this list after all... but I suspect the answer to the riddle is, as it is so often, "practice, practice, practice."

The unit I am currently playing with is the Pigtronix Echolution (which I am really liking btw) - with it, one can mangle the loop after the fact, including introducing regular subdivisions... so perhaps playing with these for awhile will enhance my ability to intuit subdivisions from long loops... will see :)

Phil :)

On Jun 11, 2011, at 8:39 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:

I've been tempted to put together a DD-20 followed by an SL-20 to do long ambient loops that can then be rhythmatized, but having an M13, it seems like a better choice just to stick with that unless someone can convince me that the SL-20 is too amazing to pass up particularly given that the M13 supports half-speed and reverse. (In the new, smaller pedal board I am attempting to put together, I'm tempted to replace the M13 which sits separately right now with an M9 that sits on the board.)

Mark

On Jun 10, 2011, at 11:45 PM, antonyhequet@yahoo.com wrote:

use modulation on a filter with a set pulse and with subdivisions, it induces  a sense of tempo

Antony Hequet

From: Phil Clevenger <phil.clevenger@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Sat, June 11, 2011 2:21:26 AM
Subject: Teasing Time

Anybody have any cute techniques for teasing time subdivisions from a very =
long delay of indeterminate length?

I'm moving from long ambient sound on sound stuff into more rhythmic stuff =
without changing the delay setting. No clock driving the time and no readou=
t on this particular device of delay duration. It's just set for "really re=
ally long" ;)

I've been doing it by just creating a busy field and seeing what falls out =
of it, but that can take some time and sometimes is not so pretty...

Phil :)