Re: Re: Teasing Time

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:
I've been tempted to put together a DD-20 followed by an SL-20 to do long ambient loops that can then be rhythmatized, but having an M13, it seems like a better choice just to stick with that unless someone can convince me that the SL-20 is too amazing to pass up particularly given that the M13 supports half-speed and reverse.
They are really such different beasts and different approaches.   To me,
aesthetically, they are not even comparable (and the DD-20 is a really great pedal, imho, though I don't own it).

I think the SL-20 is very, very hip, myself.

There are also a lot of what I would call "Kotekan" rhythms in the box (thanks to Andy Butler for that term) which slice into even 'sub pulse' rhythms (or, straight 16ths or triplet 16ths) and if you use the random slicing feature with a dummy plug in one channel, the randomized left and right panning that occurs will
throw out random rhythmic groupings that have a 'sub pulse' as a basis.

This allows one to just listen and loop the results if you want something besides the 100 or so preset rhythms that are included in the
box.

Additionally it has what I wish all pedals had, a dry mix and an effected mix which can be mixed and matched.

This allows one to slowly morph a rubato ambient loop, subtly into a pumping square wave styled rhythmic loop. The unit also allows for someone to change the attack fo the wave form and length of the slices which can be very, very interesting to morph a very soft feeling rhythm into a very hard , square wave rhythm.

I really did the SL-2 and know nothing else that does what it does, though I also love the GIG FX Chopper pedal which does other intersting (and polyrhtyhmic) tremelos that can be mixed with pannings at
different rates.

rick walker