Re: portalooper

My Y2KX setup was something like:

Way Huge Swollen Pickle -> Lovepedal Pickle Vibe -> Lovepedal Eternity ->
M13 -> Tech21 Blonde & Liverpool in parallel -> M13.

(I can't remember where the volume pedal was or whether I had my Weeping
Demon Wah in the chain.)

This was much more portable than previous rigs. The M9 would be a nice
replacement from the standpoint of getting something that would sit on a
single pedal board though I would lose the effects loop. As it was, I had
a pedal board with everything except the M13 but including the expression
pedals for the M13 on it plus the M13. That was still easy to move around
and setup.

It was interesting looping with the M13 instead of a pair of Echoplexes.

The recording from Y2KX is here:

http://grubmah.com/music/y2kx.mp3

I've been succumbing to more and more of an analog signal path in the past
several months, but I could easily see a minimalist rig built around the
M13 and one or two of the Tech21 amp sim pedals depending on whether one
wanted to go stereo. That would presumably all fit on a big Pedaltrain and
the effects loop means that you can have effects both pre-amp-sim and
post-amp-sim. You could also do this with the M9, but it gets more
constrained without the effects loop.

On the other hand, when it comes to portable loopers, as I mentioned last
weekend, the Boomerang III is amazingly compact. Now, if only it didn't
require complex foot choreography to create a seamless loop by going
straight from record into overdub.

Mark

P.S. No looping capabilities, but even as I move to more analog effects,
the M5 looks tempting as a way to have a range of less used effects on
hand early in the chain. For example, I miss the Sub Octave Fuzz and the
Jet Fuzz.

P.P.S. The thing that may keep my rack alive is that I don't know of
anything yet to replace some of the background tinkly ambience effects I
get from the Korg AM8000R. The various shimmers and particle verb effects
aren't quite the same.