Re: PC on an imac

This is somewhat anecdotal, because we don't use Windows very often, but Parallels has worked well for us but was definitely slower than running windows natively. Once Mac provided the option to install Windows directly on it's own partition, we stopped using Parallels.

We have two older iMacs in the office that have Windows installed on their own partition, and they perform wonderfully. I don't have any bench tests or anything like that, but we've had nothing but success running a variety apps (including video, but not audio) when booting up Windows on our iMacs.

Jeff

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Daniel Thomas <danielthomas4@mac.com> wrote:
>> , such as how to switch between the 2, how to work a plug in for windows while simultaneously running mac plug-ins, etc.

Here is a good article on Parallels set up and configuration.
http://lifehacker.com/221002/hack-attack-how-to-run-windows-and-mac-apps-side+by+side-with-parallels

FWIW, I would just install windoze on a seperate partition rather than using a virtual machine emulation like Parallels.

Have any mac people on the list had audio/video production experience with using the parallel's virtual machine emulation?   If so,  how is the performance and what DAW/ Editor did you use?

cheers all
Daniel