R: Re: pod HD500 line6

Hi, I have used the HD500 in some occasions, since a friend of mine has it
and
I was called to program some patches for him.
It doesn't have parallel chains of effects, therefore it can't be used to
(say) amplify the bass part of a stick/warr guitar with a bass amp
simulation
and the high part of the stick/warr with a guitar amp. I find it (apart
from
the couple of effects, harmonizer and looper) to be a bit less versatile
then
the older Pod X3.
Currently I decided not to switch from the X3 to the HD500 (and I have
both
the X3 pro and the X3 Live), because I need it for both guitar, bass and
Warr.
Some of the amp simulations are a bit better in dynamics then the ones in
the
X3, but there are only 16 instead of more than a hundred. Only guitar
simulations in there, non mic pres(at least I couldn't find the
neve/avalon/trident simulations that were in the X3 series), no phantom
power.

Just an opinion based on my various tries of the product.

Luigi Meloni