Re: Midi out from edp.

Page 95 of the manual.

"MIDI: MIDI clocks are sent out the MIDI Out port when a loop is
recorded or a Tempo is preset. MIDI StartSong and StopSong messages
are sent automatically when you record your loops. If 8ths/Cycle is large
and your loop is short, the effective tempo may be over 400 or so beats
per minute, in which case the clocks will be turned off. See 8ths/Cycle
for a full discussion."

Philip's suggestion of using OuS is a good one.