Re: OT: Wavedrum Vs Handsonic

On Sep 23, 2011, at 1:30 PM, E Gross wrote:

I am looking for input on the good points/bad points of the Korg Wavedrum versus the Handsonic

I have only used the Wavedrum.
It has a drummerly responsive feel, works fine with sticks. You can tune the head and assign different things to the rim.
The standard sound samples are considered good, I don't have enough experience to compare to have an opinion.
I did not do any programming, looks like you need patience but changes can be saved to user presets.
My main complaints are that switching between presets is slow and some of the presets, especially the synthy ones, are not that interesting at least to me -- there are no glitchy electronic kit presets for instance. No MIDI.

The main point about the Handsonic is the MIDI.
I think this makes it more versatile but seems you would need software/laptop to take full advantage. So it functions as a controller but then latency issues would have to be compensated I suppose.

regards

BobC