Re: Re: LOOPING a DRY CLEANING SHOP

I don't know, it seems we're imposing our aesthetic imperative on
Diego.  He's doing his own thing (and quite well).  I don't think he
ever claimed these videos were live recordings, and all the editing
cuts should make that obvious in any case.  What I take from those
videos is a context for the sounds he creates.  Whereas you view it as
a recorded performance, instead he's showing us how he made his sounds
and where they're from...  this is contrary to the acousmatic's
tradition of obscuring reference to the sound source.  I appreciate
that... it makes me want to hit things and make my own instruments.

My favorite of his videos is the basso forte:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhp6P9Ygsoc

I think it's a mix of recorded performance and editing magic.
Regardless, it's genius in my book.
Sylvain