Re: setting up Mac for audio - questions

Louie Angulo wrote:

which one would you recommend or is faster, firewire or USB? could you
give me a link to professional reliable ones?

Firewire has less robust connectors (generally)
and you need to plug it in before booting up the
gear.
USB.... just plug in any time.
(or someone please say if this is nonsense ;-)

Otherwise I don't know of any great advantage either way.

As to the HD, sometimes a larger size is less reliable
...but I've no idea if 2TB is pushing the limits in this case.

Also, think about backing up your important music.
At least, getting the external drive would make that possible.

andy