Re: setting up Mac for audio - questions

On Oct 3, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Louie Angulo wrote:

would you just get a 1TB and get an external HD to store your files?

That is what I do.

which one would you recommend or is faster, firewire or USB? could you
give me a link to professional reliable ones?

Firewire is faster. There is a USB 3.0 that is fast. Regular USB should be fine. I tend to use Lacie drives.
But Firewire appears to be an issue for you since:

the Imacs only have one FW800 port in the back where i already have my
RME FW800 plugged in
that means i would need a FW hub to plug the external HD,which one
would you recomend  that have combinations of USBs and FW?

I have personally often had problems with hubs. External drives or writers doing a lot of work prefer to be connected straight into the computer. Hubs seem to create a bit of a bottleneck for data flow with some devices.

Sounds like USB may be the way to go if you have enough ports.

Others more savvy will know.

regards

BobC