From: william middlemiss <billymiddlemiss@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 11:45 PM
Subject: Why...?

Why do you 'loop'? What got you started on this path?

Was it a mechanism for solo performance? to record a vamp?

A compositional device, a new avenue of _expression_? (repetition as compositional device?)

An 'artistic statement' in itself? as if to say "I DONT NEED NO STINKIN BAND!"

A fallback for artistic roadblocks? (as in--an easy way out)

A way of exploring new rhythms?

A textural apparatus? sound design?

A means of 'warping sound'?

With me, it's been all of the above, and I've jumped among 7 or 8 devices along the way.

How about you?