More EDP synch woes!

Well its late Sunday night (band rehearsal night) and again I write the sad story about getting 3 EDPs in synch:

So now we dropped brother sync altogether...

(just cant get them all on at the same time...my ARE brother synched together, but they are bit dodgy, one needs to be turned on and off many times for its to work but once its on, it usually is OK)

...and went for midi, cant go wrong there?
Well I dont understand, but even though the 3rd member of the band (the one with no EDP) was sending the master midi clock, into a midi merge box, and then me and my fellow EDP'er were getting midi from the merge box.
Mine worked.. his didnt!! When the clock was started, up came some numbers on my 2 EDP's. (I think that its the time in seconds of one bar loop).
My friend cant speak for the reliability of his EDP, but he NEVER got the same numbers up as me.

Now, I was also getting occasional weird things happening, and when we checked his midi, sure enough there was some dirt in it, the occasional CC and some patch change messages.
Sooo... in the end we came to the conclusion that we need a good, stable clock source box of some kind (suggestions?), and the we all synch FROM it...

So after they had gone, I tried something...
I have a hardware modular sequencer (incidentally called Mobius_ no relation) with all sorts of cool outputs, so I try synching my edp's FROM it, (funny I never tried it before) And VERY WEIRD.. I get different numbers on both EDP's... They are both set the same, sync=IN.. but consistantly, one is showing 0.70 and the other is 05.5 So different!!!

I change the tempo up to 160 (my theory being that slower clock is wobblier.. ) and the same occurs. EDP 1 is =.38 and EDP 2 is 03.1

WHY WHY WHY???

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com