Re: RE: livelooping. organic

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> I know there are a lot of programs that have algorithmic changes that are
> possible (Stylus RMX, for example), but quite frankly,  I think they can
> produce interesting patterns but they do NOT, imho,  sound like real
> drummers drumming.

He, he... :-)  I think the point using such gear is to not sound like
real drummers drumming. Reminds me of how disappointed I felt when
checking out he first "digital drum machines". In 1980 I expected
these new "drum machines" to be like what the Korg Electribe, the
KaossPad etc are today. But what did I find? Crappy recordings of real
drum sounds! In my vision this new invention should expand rhythmic
ensemble work options for musicians - not just parroting
what-we-already-have with a bad accent.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com