Re: The livelooping demon

I understand what I do is barely looping and I really like to use this
list to keep my thumb on the pulse of what real loopers do.
My first example is a song I've done called Goody Titanic Shoes.
Occasionally I'll hear a song that starts with one instrument. I will
quickly loop that opening phrase. This example it's the ubiquitous opening
drum beat to Adam Ant's Goody Two Shoes.  I do this on the fly and if my
timing isnt spot on perfect a train wreck ensues.
I got me a great drum line to base a song around.
This case the song is that Celine Dion song from Titanic. It's surprising
how adding a better drum beat and banjo will do to a love song.
That's not looping but it's hard to do and funny as hell.
The other song that would not fall into the category of live.looping is my
cover of Bad Religions Stranger Than Fiction. I was always very reluctant
to do it live because the beat was such a hyper 2/4 beat it was just
easier to pull a "Taj Mahal" and sing, or "beat box"(is that the correct
term), the drum part. I would love to do this song due to its 4-part
harmony loop I would sing on the fly , but I was reluctant to play it due
to the cheesy mouth drums. I have recently did a decent approximation of
my mouth drums by beating abd slapping my banjo head.   I may YouTube me
doing it either way. I can do the mouth drums faster and the song sounds
better really fast.
Both examples are interesting but I would hardly call the Former live
looping; funny yes.
The latter I just don't know which way to approach the drums. Turn it into
a C&W song with my banjo drums or leave it more "punky" and do it with
mouth drums.

Chaz Worm - singer, bass, banjo
Earth, Worm, &, Fire and
Electric Light Opry