Re: Re: Live Looping versus using Pre-Recorded Loops

I sold my EDPs and have now moved to a laptop.

This allows me to have scenes set up in ableton. Each scene sends
different midi program/cc/pattern changes to the drum machine, bass
synth, and pedals. Working this way has changed the way I view live
looping and live song creation.

At this point, I have stopped caring about only using hardware / being
a purist. I absolutely refuse to sell my pedals and tube amp (sound
quality), but I'm done with self-imposed limits that get in the way of
creating music.

Most people don't care what technology is used. It's really about the
performance and the quality of the song/arrangement. I can't play
drums or bass synth while doing guitar stuff, so I have accepted that
I'll have to trigger a bass sequence or drum pattern. This doesn't
mean I will only do that, but it's useful if the drums and guitar
start together. If the guitar loop is running and I have the time,
I'll definitely lay down some bass synth, loop it, then start going
crazy on the trigger finger.

So...I like having options. I can play it live and loop it if I want
to, or I can trigger parts. Which loop is more significant / important
to the song? I'll play that one live and trigger the auxiliary stuff.