Re: MainStage looping

I'm using mainstage for its effects and instruments.  I run
bidule+mobius side by side and send audio in and out of mainstage as
required to apply effects.  I do it this way because I have some
fairly complex bidule patches that give me functionality I wouldn't be
able to replicate in mainstage (allows me to use trombone notes both
as muscial building blocks and as control signal to mess up the loops
in mobius... I play the loops with my horn).  I haven't had any
problems yet with this set-up, but it makes me nervous to have so many
software running at the same time.  I'm quite happy with the mainstage
effects, they're quite the bargain at $30...  (the sampler is not too
bad either and the synths sound fine)

I haven't played with loopback at all.  I need two things from my
loopper: ability to trigger the loop from anywhere (or enough
different positions) in the loop and ability to change playback rate.
Both of these should be controllable by midi notes.  I've only had a
cursory look at loopback, but I don't think it does the first
(actually, I haven't found a software looper other than Mobius that
could do it).

Sylvain