Re: Creating Space

I'll approach this from a different angle - somewhat inspired by this
mornings FB conversation with Per. Another way to deal with dense
polyphonic texture is to distribute the sound spatially. I notice a
lot of users on here limit themselves to stereo reproduction -
understandably so - it is difficult to access more than a stereo PA!
However, if you have the means to use more than one or two speakers
within a performance environment, I would highly recommend that you
investigate the distribution of your loops spatially. Just another
approach versus space being associated somewhat synonymously with
silence. You can let multiple loops become as polyphonic as you wish,
if they occupy their own physical/acoustic performance space.

Even two amplifiers on stage makes a difference. As Sjaak may attest
to, one of the most impressive live looping gigs you can experience is
Hellmut Neidhart's, "N" - allowing continuous drones to evolve and
continuously compliment each other.

http://vimeo.com/10136228

Best,