In fact I would add also
Tortoise
Stereolab
Labradford
Do Make Say Think
This Will Destroy You
Mono
Sonic Youth

All these bands are using their gear as sound sources for timbre and
textures.
For my taste you may add - almost - anything related to
"post-rock" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-rock)
"krautrock" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krautrock),
"shoegazer" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoegazer), ...

Ben