Re: OT: Music suggestions?

I somehow came across nono and messiaen last night. I downloaded some stuff, but have not listened yet.

Btw, I am familiar with most of the "post-rock" stuff listed. I was also told to check out, "Les Rallizes Dénudés." A Japanese noise/proto-shoegaze band. HOLY SHIT.

I'm deep in a proto-goth hole right now.

Really, just looking for any bands that were waaaayyy ahead of their time, or helped lay the groundwork for new genres.

I am definitely checking out everything that you guys recommend. This has been a huge music history lesson for me.