Re: Re: OT: Music suggestions?

Whats that Gabriel album you mentioned, Passion? slipped my radar...

2012/1/17 Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>
On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
They were my fav on that festival, together with Biosphere
(did anyone mention him? Both fantastic Norwegian acts)
Thanks for turning me onto this, Per.

Geir Jenssen was, to me, the genius behind Bel Canto's first two beautiful
records..........his ability to match sounds from acoustic music and electronic
music and sampling was just exquisite and way ahead of his time, if you ask me.
I rooted for them but honestly thought the band really
got bland after he left even though the singer has a beautiful and haunting voice.

I've always wondered what he went on to so to discover him again
is a real treat for me.

He apparently, lives 900 km ABOVE the Arctic Circle in a town called
Trommso, Norway................anyone remember WHITE OUT CONDITION
from Bel Canto.............it said "recorded in the dark" in the record.......wow!

Coincidentally, Bill's and my mom's maiden name was Jensen, so we are probably
incredibly distant cousins that go back hundreds of years.

Thanks!

rick

--
Petri Lahtinen